House Rules for Scarlet and Shadow
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
- Garou characters are strongly encouraged to purchase the Totem Background,
and must join or create a pack within five sessions of beginning play (or
else explain to me why they haven't). If your character is not in a pack,
I reserve the right to deduct points from Renown awards until s/he does join
- In my games, the Delirium is somewhat weaker than in the standard World
of Darkness. Thus, the Litany Law about preserving the Veil is even more important
(don't count on everyone forgetting what happened, because some people will
- Other Fera (Bastet, Corax, Mokole, etc.) Player Characters are not allowed
in this game. The name of the game is WereWOLF, after all, and the
presence of too many other Fera tends to divert attention away from the Garou,
the true stars of the show. Besides, too much bad blood generally exists between
the Garou and the other Fera to allow them to work together (something about
the "War of Rage...").
- Rolls for Frenzies and entering the Thrall of the Wyrm are calculated in
the following manner:
- If permanent Rage is greater than or equal to 4: As per the Werewolf
- If permanent Rage is less than 4:
- Roll Rage
- If all dice come up successes, roll another die.
- If that roll is also a success, roll again. Repeat until you accumulate
4 (or more) successes, or the die comes up a failure.
- If you have four or more successes, you enter a Frenzy; if you have
six or more successes, you enter the Thrall of the Wyrm (as per the
- The following Merits and Flaws are not allowed in this game:
This web page is copyright 2003 by Midori Hirtzel-Church. Changeling:
The Dreaming, as well as all game-related terms, is owned by White
Wolf Game Studios. No copyright infringement is intended.
This page first posted -- December 11, 2003